Sunday, June 22, 2014

Peaches and {Dorm} Prep: Where to Shop



Dorm shopping has definitely changed my shopping patterns. Before I would hardly ever go into some of these stores and now I find myself going multiple times. 

Pottery Barn Outlet:
This little piece of heaven is just 45 minutes away from my house, so I don't go as often as I do the other stores. I still manage to get up there a few times a month. Especially during the summer. My mom and I will head up for when the outlets open and be back home by the early afternoon. 

The deals here are incredible. I’ve gotten bedding for as little as .97 cents before! My most recent scores include a beautiful area rug for my dorm room for $60 (Retails for $300+) ,a Duvet cover for my bed for $30 (Retails $110), and some miscellaneous decor in between. 

Buy:
Bedding: I’m a bedding snob, I’ve only ever used Pottery Barn bedding and I’ll never use anything else, ever!

Rug: I suggest a Sisal Rug, because lets face it, a dorm is pretty much the same thing as outside. But the sisal is softer than Jute or other outdoor rugs, and it looks like it belongs indoors. I love this one)

1 Standard Pillow: 6 years ago I got a down feather pillow from here and could not live with out. While it might be a little more expensive than your average Costco pillow bundle, this one pillow will last forever, and you’ll love it.

DON’T BUY: Lamps, Curtains, Throw pillows, or storage baskets. All of these items are insanely expensive and never marked down. So check out the other stores for them.

TJ Maxx/Marhalls/Homegoods

These are normally  hit or miss stores for me, but when it comes to dorm stuff it is always a hit!

Buy:
Storage baskets- I got 6 for under $50- talk about a good deal!

Organizers

Towels

Kitchen Stuff

Folding Step Stool

Desk/Table Lamps

Don’t buy: Bedding, Large Throw pillows or Hangers

Target:

Target has some great options, but be careful because it might not be the best quality, and everyone will have it!

Buy: 
Storage ottaman

Plastic storage solutions: like rubbermaid tubs, and Sterlite drawers

Floor Lamp

Extra sheet set

Cute school supplies

Don’t Buy:
Comforters (everyone gets theirs here, and I don't know about you, but I don't want what everyone else has)

Towels

Walmart:

I hardly ever go here, except for during the back to school season!


Buy: 
Plastic Storage solutions

Kitchen stuff

Mattress pad

Extra pillowcases

Basic office supplies

Extra sheets 
Don’t buy: Your comforter- bad quality!

Costco:

Buy: 
Hangers
Standard Pillows


Ikea:
Buy:
Throw pillow inserts

Silver Ware: I like the rainbow plastic kind! I use them instead of real silver ware when I’m at home

Lack Tables- Only $10! 




I didn't include curtains or pillows, because making them is the best way to go. They are both very simple to do and the DIY way saves you a ton of money. Especially when you get your fabric from here! Premier Prints is my favorite brand, but I'm also loving the Nightfall Metallics collection 

-Where do you like to shop?-

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment